Being involved in an auto accident can be a difficult time, especially when there are injuries involved. That is why it is important to have a auto accident attorney on your side. No matter what kind of auto accident you have encountered, the Law Office of William T. Corbett Jr. can help you through the entire process.
It is a common misconception that victims of auto accidents can only receive compensation for blatant offenses like a DUI, speeding or texting while driving. The reality is that there is a long list of reasons that can cause someone to be liable for an auto accident and they are as follows:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Third party negligence
- Failure to follow courtesy laws
Auto Accident Lawyer
The legal team at the Law Office of William T. Corbett Jr. handles a wide range of responsibilities when it comes to auto accidents in North Carolina. Clients will receive the following services when represented by one of our Statesville, NC auto accident specialists.
- Full investigation into accident, causes and factors
- Ensure you are provided with the appropriate medical attention and care
- Examine and distinguish all relevant insurance policies
- Handle all the legal paperwork
- Push for a full and complete settlement
- Make sure all liens, as a result of the accident, are resolved
- Represent you in court
There are only a handful of states that still utilize contributory negligence and North Carolina is in that select group. Under the contributory negligence rule, drivers cannot receive compensation if they contributed in any way to the accident. That applies to even the slightest contribution. The Law Office of William T. Corbett Jr. can establish whether contributory negligence had an impact in your auto accident and how to defend against such accusations.
Compensation For Auto Accident Victims
Those who are injured in an auto accident may experience a variety of symptoms and issues. It is important that all these matters are attended to from a health and financial standpoint. Here are some of the areas we will demand compensations for:
- Current and future medical expenses – The expenses that can result from an auto collision extend well beyond initial treatment. Those expenses can include hospital bills as well as physician fees that are assessed after the initial incident. That is compounded with medication costs, the price for rehabilitation, as well as the cost of therapy.
- Wages lost because of injuries – It is not uncommon for those involved in a car accident to experience aftereffects, such as post-traumatic stress disorder. Those who suffer from PTSD relive the horrors of their car accident all the time. This can complicate everyday matters in their lives and detract from their overall quality of life.
- Punitive damages – These are also referred to as non-compensatory damages. They are awarded to victims as a form of compensation and the reason behind it is to instill a lesson to the guilty party. Punitive damages do not include any actual damages but serve more as a deterrent, which is a result of the defendant’s behavior.
- Pain and suffering – The pain from a car crash can lead to a permanent disability, which has its fair share of pain and suffering. Some accident victims are left disfigured, and that can cause lifelong issues in terms of suffering. There are a variety of ways that victims can suffer after a car wreck and that can lead them to receive= financial compensation on behalf of the guilty party.
Handling Insurance Companies
Going through the insurance process can be a trying time as victims are forced to deal with an abundance of issues during an emotionally stressful time. It is important to know that insurance companies are not looking out for your best interest. They are more concerned with saving as much money as possible. That means that offers for an initial settlement will typically be lower than the amount you deserve to receive. Having a trusted car accident attorney by your side can help alleviate the issues you may experience when dealing with insurance companies who represent those parties responsible for the accident. It’s time to have help on your side.
Accidents And Injuries
Automobile accidents are not limited to cars as they can also involve motorcycles or trucks. The Law Office of William T. Corbett Jr. represents all individuals injured in an accident, regardless of what they were driving. We also represent injured victims who were passengers. There are rights that every victim is afforded and when someone else is to blame, you need to get all the compensation you deserve.